“The European Federation of Allergy and Airways Diseases Patients’ Associations (EFA) (established in 1991) works to support patients with allergy and respiratory diseases by sharing information about their conditions and by advocating on the behalf them at the EU institutions.
EFA aims to be a powerful European network of allergy, asthma and COPD patients’ organisations which:
- Advocates at EU level for the needs of people with allergies, asthma and COPD
- Values all members equally
- Implements best practices
- Creates patient-driven projects
- Cooperates with healthcare professionals, scientists and other stakeholders and NGOs
EFA is dedicated to making Europe a place where people with allergies, asthma and COPD:
- Have the right to the best quality of care and safe living environments
- Live uncompromised lives
- Are actively involved in all decisions influencing their health.
The European Federation of Allergy and Airways Diseases Patients’ Associations (EFA) consists of 35 European patient associations as a membership, which elects a directing EFA Board each year at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). For day to day operations, the EFA Secretariat operates in Brussels to act as an effective liaison with its members and the European Union.
- Promote awareness of allergies and airways diseases among policymakers and the general public.
- Broaden our understanding of these conditions by increased collaboration between national patient associations.
- Share knowledge and experience to beneficially educate both the public and EFA members.
- Promote patient concerns and opinions within the European institutions and enable national patient associations to gain representation at EU level.
- Improve their health and quality of life.
Raise Awareness, Relieve the Burden of Respiratory Allergies in Europe.
Respiratory allergies in Europe are increasing and affect around 20%–30% of the European population.”
Sign the EFA petition
Visit the EFA website http://www.efanet.org/