Airport smelled too good – staff sick
They had installed designer fragrance in the Tax Free area at Landvetter airport in December 2012 and it became too strong. Several of the staff got sick. Now the case is reported to the Swedish Work Environment Authority.
They installed four scent machines inside the duty-free shop. The machines went on maximum power and a risk assessment was not made.
After several of the staff had problems with dry eyes, nasal congestion, and nosebleeds hit Swedish Labour Inspection Authority alarm. Two of them were forced to take asthma medications.
Now, the employer must arrange health track and also arrange for odor source either be removed or the ventilation is enhanced.
I must say it is madness to install such scent puffing machines. It makes the area unavailable to those who already have asthma, allergy and sensitivity, and it also makes those not sensitive become ill. If someone have ones developed asthma in adult age it is for life. Those People here are maybe forced to change occupation now after the employer have gone over the limit of what their bodies can stand.
I myself can not enter a perfume store at all. And even less a store using fragrance marketing. A store with both perfume and scent marketing together is like hell ten times.
We are designed to Breathe air not fragrance.