Today we got the first Buddhist temple in Møre and Romsdal County, and that made me think of the issue asthma, allergy and Chemical Sensitivity when using a temple or church.
Both Buddhists and Catholics use incense. Incense is known to admit substances to the air that is both carcinogenic and a cause of asthma attacks. For sensitive persons incense is just as bad as scented candles, tobacco smoke, exhaust and fragrance.
In a religious perspective use of incense would make the temple or church unavailable.
I know, if I would have been a Buddhist or a Catholic, I would not be able to go, so that makes me wonder, – So how about you? What is your experience? Have you experienced the temple or church being unavailable to you because of bad indoor air from incense?