– I got Bolshoi (Большой, Bolsjoj) destroyed by other women’s excessive use of perfume
“- I had been looking forward to this for so long, so it was incredibly sad to find that the entire second act was destroyed. Because of the massive perfume smell in the… room I was sitting with a veil before the eyes, the tears flowed and I did not catch what skjeddde on stage, says artist Torunn Ovanger.
She has authored a letter the newspaper Nordlys (the Northern Light). Where she argue that perfume should only be used for private occasions. The reason for the post is the experience she had during the world – famous Bolshoi theater ballet in Tromsø in Nordlys-festivalen (Northern Lights Festival).
Among other things, she writes that “the tears flowed, and I found it hard to see what was happening on stage. During the break I heard that people complained loudly.”
– I was sitting next to a lady who really had sprayed herself It was not unbearable, and it ruined the experience for me, she tells Nordlys .
Ovanger think this is typical of such major cultural events.
– Like this, it is all to often. Many women do not think about how much perfume they take on.
– Do not fragrance in public
Ovanger says that although she never add fragrance to her person when she participates in cultural events and other public events.
– I know many are harmed by this and who are frustrated by the use. Although I am not asthmatic or allergic, but those who get sick from it must have it really bad if they all sit in a concert hall crammed with perfume scent. Ovanger say that this is a topic that is often spoken about and complained of in the aftermath of such events.
– This is something we should discuss. Now it is not allowed to smoke anymore indoors, but excessive use of perfume is really no better, she says, and continues:
– Now is the perfume, gassing from detergent , deodorant , hair spray , etc. People go around and them stink. This can be a cocktail that gives people breathing difficulties and runny eyes.
– A big problem
Senior Adviser Kai Gustavsen with the Norwegian Asthma and Allergy Association (NAAF) think it’s great Ovanger speaks out.
– This is a big problem for some people, and we need awareness. A Danish study showed that 15 percent had experienced discomfort and allergy symptoms by others perfume use. 0.5 per cent are so severely affected that it affects them both socially and professionally.”
I think it is really great by Torill Orkanger to Write to the newspaper telling us all about this. But I think NAAF should go out and talk more about it than they do, and I think it is more than percent that is affected, just think of all With lung issues, not only asthma, and I also think the number of those who is severly affected is higher of the same reason.
Source and read more: